Monday, June 30, 2003

Untitled--6.30.03

Will I ever see you again?
Feel your touch, your warm embrace?
Have all the chances I had been squandered
in my attempts to be happy?
Your words cut me like razors
Tiny ribbons of crimson flow across my heart
Was it all worth it to wound my spirit?

She says to you: don't talk to her
But you, defiant, talk to me anyway.
I have no problems with her, she tells you to tell me
However, it is obvious that she feels threatened
Because she could never have with you
what you and I had together?

Trust.

Her world is all lies, deceit, deception;
Her control over you was all she had
For what? A few rolls in the sack?
You do not suffer fools gladly,
You never succumbed to her demands.

Question is now, do I give you another chance?
Would you take off on me again if given the chance?
Do I take that chance if I felt it was worth it?

Damn right I would!


©2003, all rights reserved.

No comments: